Protects the environment and saves energy
It is neither toxic nor flammable. CO2 is also easily available and therefore cheap to procure. It has no harmful effects on the earth’s atmosphere.
- Very good availability
- Low running costs when compared to other natural refrigerants
- Non-toxic, non-flammable, thermally stable
- Safety group A1 (low safety requirements)
- Climate neutral and environmentally friendly
- No additional contribution to the greenhouse effect (GWP = 1)
- No contribution to the destruction of the ozone layer (ODP=0)
It has low b.Pt, low specific heat and can be easily liquified by applying pressure at room temperature. It is therefore, widely used in refrigerant (cooling agent) in refrigerators and air conditioners.